Based in Sibu/Bintulu/Miri Regional Office
- Generating ideas for stories and features and following leads from news agencies, the police, the public, press conferences and other sources and pitching ideas to Editors;
- To prepare special reports to be submitted to Editors;
- Researching, verifying, and collating evidence and information to support a story using relevant information sources such as the internet, archives, databases, etc;
- Writing scripts for bulletins, headlines, and reports;
- Selecting appropriate locations, pictures and sound and exercising editorial judgement on the best angle from which to approach a story;
- Identifying necessary resources and deploying and managing technical crews for location shoots, including sound operators and camera crew;
- Using portable digital video (DV) cameras and other equipment to record material;
- Work to strict deadlines and need to react as and when a story break. The work sometimes involves interacting with people at moments of crisis or tragedy, which can be emotionally challenging;
- Present news stories with poise and professionalism on camera, either live or pre-recorded;
- Serve as an anchor for news programs, guiding the flow of news stories and segments;
- Prepare and deliver scripted and ad-libbed content with confidence and accuracy;
- To positively contribute to team working in the company;
- To execute all assignments and tasks or any additional assignments or tasks from time to time as assigned and/or instructed by the personnel’s direct superior.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, or equivalent;
- Proven experience as a reporter, news anchor, or broadcast journalist; and knowledgable in media law and journalistic ethics;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong on-camera presence and public speaking abilities;
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays, as news coverage requires;
- Stay updated on current events and industry trends;
- Demonstrated ability to perform under tight deadlines and in high-pressure situations.
Please specify your expected salary in your resume. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: TBA